Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

Do I have any legal recourse on a high court judgment of guilty and 12 months sentence on a misdemeanor that was found not guilty and dismissed in low court , or will I just have to accept this miscarriage of justice ?

Asked on 11/10/13, 9:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, if by "high court judgment" you mean a decision of the

circuit court to reverse on appeal the judgment of the lower general district court, your recourse would be to file your appeal of the circuit

court decision within 30 days from date of this decision to the appropriate Virginia appellate court in Richmond.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/13, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia