Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

I took a plea bargain back in 08' to a strong armed robbery case in which no weapon was involved, and it was my first run in with any sort of law enforcement! Any how, I now have a felony on my record and am furious! Can I dispute this or have this removed?

Asked on 6/04/15, 8:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, not a chance (in my opinion) which is based upon Va. Code Sec. 19.2-392.2 et seq.

Membership in the Commonwealth's version of "Club Felony", so to speak, is for life

unless the defendant attempting to disown such membership can prove that s/he was

wrongfully convicted and in consequence thereof has received a pardon from the


Read more
Answered on 6/04/15, 2:01 pm
Michael Sprano The Sprano Law Firm, LLP

Since you pleaded guilty and almost 7 years have passed, there is virtually no chance of having this removed from your record. Virginia has an infinite memory when it comes to criminal convictions.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/15, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia