Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

I am on probation until the middle of November. I lost employment and have missed several restitition payments. I get unemployment and food stamps at present. My restitution amount if 49k and I know it will take forever to pay back. Can my probation be extended for missing payments.

Asked on 10/24/13, 2:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Contact the probation officer assigned to your case ASAP and explain what's

happened in your case and then follow to the letter whatever advice

s/he gives to you as to what you need to do to avoid being charged with

having violated the conditions of your probation.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 8:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia