Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

Recently a girl came to my house and busted my door glass with a ball bat and threatend me and my five yr old. I pressed charges for destruction of property and got a protective order issued until court. She has hired a lawyer and paid her friend to lie for her in court. Do i need a lawyer or will the commonwealth attorney b there on my behalf?

Asked on 6/22/13, 9:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, an ACA (Assistant Commomwealth's Attorney) will be there at the scheduled trial to represent the people (and by extension you, the alleged victim) if in fact criminal charges have been filed in the matter.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia