Legal Question in DUI Law in Virginia

DUI missed court

I had a DUI and driving with a suspended liscense ticket and possession of alcohol ticket in the summer of 2003 in Luray Va. I was under 21 at the time but was unclear of the laws and the zero tolerance law. I never showed up for my court date because i lived and still do in NY so i left the town and have never came back. Its been 4 years and i was wondering how can i take care of this now? I do not drive nor have i really driven in over 2-3 years because of never straightening out my suspended liscense tickets here in NY... What will happen if i do go back? What if i dont? I would love an email back if available with my situation and options.

Asked on 10/28/07, 4:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: DUI missed court

If you come back into the Commonwealth, you could be arrested(assuming, of course, that there are warrants still outstanding which would allow for such action.)You should consider engaging the services of a Virginia lawyer who may be able to negotiate with prosecutorial authorities an acceptable disposition of these matters for you.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/07, 10:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Virginia