Legal Question in DUI Law in Virginia


My son 19 just got a dwi. First offense he is unemployed. Should he go ahead and sign up for asap before court i know he will have to go.Do they offer any assistance with cost if you are unemployed. Will it help him if he goes ahead to the class before court

Asked on 5/26/09, 9:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Dwi

Your adult son, being unemployed, should ask the court to appoint an attorney to represent him in this jailable offense(DWI). This attorney will be able to advise him regarding signing up for any particular program before his case is formally adjudicated which likely would be of no particular advantage for him in this particular siuation(in my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 5/26/09, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Virginia