Legal Question in DUI Law in Virginia

Petition to reinstate driving privelages

I need to create a petition for an employee who is trying to get his driver's license back and can't afford an attorney. Are there any sample ''petition''s, or other resources available for reference? He has been declared an habitual offender and has completed his period of license revocation as ordered by the courts.

Asked on 1/15/02, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph McGrath Joseph McGrath, Attorney at Law

Re: Petition to reinstate driving privelages

Yes. Most Circuit Court clerks have forms that a pro-se petitioner can use. Some even have instructions and information. It gets difficult sometimes trying to determin if all fines and costs are paid and where they are owed. It is also difficult where the adjudication of Habitual Offender was for dui. In that case a lawyer, in my opinion, ought to be hired.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/02, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Virginia