Legal Question in Education Law in Virginia

I filed a three page well written 60.2-625 signed appeal to the circuit court. I also included CC1414 (request for wavier of fee) and a friend in the U.S. mailed-in an annomyous money order of $84.00 for the appeal filing cost just in case the CC1414 was disapproved. The due date was July 31st and last night (military overseas) I called and the circuit court clerk said the judge dissapproved CC1414 because I am not a state resident and did not accept the annomyous money order because they can't do that. She asked me if I had another copy of the appeal and my response was "of course I wrote it, it is on my computer" and she said I could re-mail the appeal with a $84.00 money order in my name to file again because that is normal procedure. I told her on the Commission letter it said any appeal had to be received by the circuit court by July 31st and would the judge still accept my late appeal. She said she's a clerk and does not know, but if judge accepted or rejected either way the new money order of $84.00 would be non-refundable. I did not remail the appeal or money order today because I don't see why a judge would accept a late document, so my question is do I have any options to request an extention to file from the Commission, even thow in bold letters "under no circumstances will an extention be granted". I know the answer seems obvious, but want to ask just make sure before letting this go. (8 months unemployment filings without a single payment is alot of potentially let go, but in my mind I'm telling myself to let it go.)

Asked on 8/04/11, 7:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, you've nailed it, i.e., best to let go that which cannot be granted like an extension under the circumstances described.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/11, 8:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Virginia