Legal Question in Elder Law in Virginia

How do I assume Guardianship of an elderly parent with dementia?

Asked on 2/06/11, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Beard Attorney at Law

You would need to file a petition in the circuit court requesting that a guardian and conservator be appointed. If your parent has assets, the court can order that the attorney fees be paid from those assets. This is something I do not recommend you try to do on your own. Contact an attorney who has experience in this area.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 5:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Virginia