Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

i have a 2 yr old daughter. me and her father have been back in fourth on being together or not. last year around oct we had went through mediation and decide on joint shared custody after a month of the agreement i had moved back in with him and i just moved back out in sept due to physical and emotional abuse. his parents also lived there and i told them we had to go to the courts and tell them that i stay with him now. they would never take me because i believe they wanted the agreement to stay in place after i had moved out. my questions is does it work like that. i went down there to motion to amend the custody agreement. i also felt like my daughter safety was never took seriously over there. he would just drop her off somewhere to go to the clubs . am i breaking the law by not letting the father take my daughter of the property at which i am out. i said to him he can come see her. but he believes i am taking his rights away as a father.

Asked on 9/27/11, 6:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You must abide by the current order of the court with respect to custody until it

is modified, changed, amended, etc.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/11, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia