Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

How do I appeal a decision made my a judge in favor of the other side who did not have supporting documents to validate their claim of need, instead I was penalized and forced to pay 3/4 of the house proceeds, spousal support, and my retirement with no children at home?

Asked on 10/02/13, 4:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If it's a decision of a judge of the J&DR;court, you would have 10 days

from the date of the ruling to file your appeal and 30 days if the

matter took place in the circuit court.

Either way, however, you need to go to the clerk's office of the court involved

to have completed there and filed the paperwork necessary for

your appeal.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia