Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

When it comes to child custody should you have an attorney - my daughter does not but her ex does - he and his wife have been lying about the facts and I am afraid this is going to be an issue - he threw out and disowned his 17 yr old daughter claiming she tried to attack and injure his wife (lie) - my daughter has the 17 and 16 yr olds (the 16 yr old wants nothing to do with her father due to the fact that he has ignored and done nothing for them - he has a child by another woman and is now married to another - nightmare - The 17 yr old has PTSD caused by her father (how she was treated over the yrs) and also a form of nerve damage like Epilepsy and won't give my daughter the medical card back.

Asked on 1/03/17, 9:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Simple answer: Yes, by all means the party who is unrepresented by an

attorney should have competent counsel representing her in such a situation as

described in this question.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/17, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia