Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Child support was established based on my ex claiming he only makes $30k per year. He recently moved into a luxury apartment community with rents that would be out of reach from someone making so little. What can I do to investigate his true income and how he is able to afford this move?

Asked on 7/18/13, 6:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You (or your attorney) could have him summoned back into court for a review and possible adjustment of his current child support obligation.

You could also turn the matter over to DCSE (Division of Child Support Enforcement) by executing what his called an Assignment of Rights to allow this state agency to handle it for you at little or no cost to you.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia