Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I have two children by the same guy. He lives in Richmond Va, and I live in Roanoke Va. I have physical custody of my two children and he doesn't do anything for them. I recently put him on child support after closing previous child support cases several times due to us agreeing that he would do more out of pocket. Unfortunately, he still didn't do anything. I recently moved out of my home, and moved in with a friend just until the kids finished school, and I plan to relocate to North Carolina with my father who is able to help me a little more. The father of my kids is now saying that he is going to take my children from me. He says he can give them a better life where they can have their own rooms. What do I do? Will I find myself in any trouble if I move to NC with my dad and the kids?

Asked on 5/20/13, 12:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, with his record this father's claims have little or no credibility and

therefore I believe that you have little to be concerned about in moving

to North Carolina with your children under the circumstances described.

In other words, the "man's blowin' smoke" regarding his threat "to take

[your] children". (This, of course, is my opinion.)

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia