Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My ex and i just went to court and the judge issued a "temporary" order of custody to me and visitations to my ex. visitation is slated to begin this weekend. It wasnt until the date of court did i actually find out where my ex lives, because she had lied on her petition. I have several witness statements from people who have seen her beat, and lose our son. she has a history of being abusive, lying and threatening to "disappear" with our son. She also has a history of living on peoples couches, floor, or sharing beds with people who help her pay for rent. My problem is, she lives with several people, and all i want to do is meet these people, and see where my son will be staying before he spends the night. I f not then another person, like my mother or something. She will not let anyone into see where my son will be staying, and my fear is, due to the amount of lying shes known for, that she may not actually even live there, and I dont have any idea who these people are my son will be around. Is there anyway I can make her let someone see where my son will be staying, and meet the people she lives with?? is this Suitable cause for not allow my son to go over there? we live in the state of Virginia by the way

Asked on 7/11/13, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, you must follow the visitation order until it is changed which means that

your remedy for the situation described is to file a motion to bring the

matter of visitation back before the court and have the order amended (if appropriate) based upon any new credible evidence that you may present to the court at the hearing on the matter.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia