Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Divorce Bill of Complaint Question

Once a Bill of Complaint for divorce has been filed, can it be amended before it is served on the defendant?

Asked on 5/09/05, 2:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fred Kaufman Fredrick S. Kaufman, Esquire

Re: Divorce Bill of Complaint Question

Yes you may. Until it has been served it can be amended without leave of court and after service with leave of Court. Call the Clerk of Court and let them know to hold the first document and to expect a new document.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/05, 6:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia