Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I got a divorce February 2012. Before that my husband and I signed and had notarized a separation agreement. However, the separation agreement was not entered as part of the final divorce degree. Now he is in arrears with his alimony and has breached other aspects of the agreement. Is there any way to have the separation agreement entered as part of the divorce degree, so that I can file for show cause?

Asked on 9/07/13, 8:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You would seem well advised to contact the lawyer who (hopefully)represented you in your divorce, but if you had no such representation (which seems more likely the case), I would suggest that you now arrange for a consultation with a Virginia attorney who handles domestic relations matters in the Commonwealth and who should be able to further advise you in the situation described.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 3:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia