Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My ex-wife is receiving Medicaid and Food stamps. Can I get my current child support adjusted?

Asked on 1/10/15, 2:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tara Candela Tara Candela, RN, MSN, JD

No. You still have to pay the child support. It is your responsibility to pay first, then her benefits kick in for whatever amount is appropriate.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/15, 3:01 pm
Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If your child support were "adjusted", it might well be increased to a level

that would obviate the need for taxpayer money in part to support your family

as apparently is now the case.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/15, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia