Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Father's 4th petition for custody in 2 years

Father has petitioned for custody 4 times. Current order is I have psychical custody he has visitation and pays child support. He has not paid in over a year claims it is unconstitutional. He was given change of venue, sued the old judge because he said I served him an addictive substance when I worked at starbucks and that we knew each other, police department for trying to kill him, and plans to sue the city for I don't know what. Slanders the GAL that he requested in court papers. He does not like the new judge and wants her to leave case based on what he calls sexism. He has called CPS, health department on myself and family. My parents died and he is claiming in court papers that I am responsible and requesting proof that I am not. Tox, autopsy, police reports. We have been in court pretty much once a month. He is sporadic with visitation. I want to know what I can do to stop this. He has demonstrated in court that he has an anger problem. Before all this I had a protective order, the day after it expired he was at my house banging on the windows and doors. I tried to move and he objected we are covering that in the next court date. Please just refer me to some books or something I am desperate.

Asked on 4/03/06, 3:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Father's 4th petition for custody in 2 years

Aside from all of the other issues, if the obligor(father)has not paid child support in over a year he's in egregious violation of the court order and enforcement action should be immediately initiated to remedy this situation--even if he has to cool his heels in the local slammer for a time.

If this person is allowed to continue to flout his support obligation under the court order, his conduct with respect to the other issues which you've referenced is only likely to worsen.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/06, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia