Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I have filed for a divorce through the VA courts, pro se. How do I file a final decree? Is there a form for that, or do I have to have a lawyer to do it for me to submit to the court?

Asked on 5/07/13, 2:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, you can do it without a lawyer if you can manage to pick up the

packet of instructions with the necessary forms from the clerk's office

(civil division) of the circuit court where you intend to file your final decree which explains how to do your divorce pro se.

And, if this packet is not available from this clerk 's office, you may be

able to download it from this court's website.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia