Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My granddaughter is unmarried and going to have a baby in January 2012. She is planning to take the baby with baby's father intow to live in Goochland County. The house is very unclearn and smells of smoke so strong that we ere unable to stay there for very long. Her mother, my daughter and I told her that this is an unsafe and unhealthy environment for a newborn, But she is not listening. Is there anything either of us can do to prevent her from taking the baby into an unhealthy, and unsafe environment. She is only 19, no car, no money, no insurance, etc. I can't sleep at night for having nightmares about the child becoming sick and untimately dying in this horrific place.

Asked on 9/28/11, 1:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Until the child has been born and a formal complaint filed with the CPS

folks in the locality where the child resides, very likely nothing meaningful

in regard to these issues can be done by you or anyone else.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/11, 11:53 am

sheryl shane sheryl shane, attorney at law

You may file for custody when the child is born. Attorney Sheryl Shane, Web:

Read more
Answered on 10/04/11, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia