Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Hey I have a friend that has lived with a woman for 13 yrs and found out that he was not marred to her for he had not got a devorce befor he marred this woman. anyway she new that he had not devorced his frist wife when she married him so she went to the courts and filed charges of bigimy and now the comweath is filing charges.What shoud he do?

Asked on 10/21/11, 7:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Get a competent criminal defense counsel to represent him---ASAP!

Read more
Answered on 10/21/11, 9:17 pm
sheryl shane sheryl shane, attorney at law

Hire an attorney. I believe he should not make statements to anyone until this is done. But he can choose what course he will take. Bigamy is a crime. Attorney Sheryl Shane. Web:

Read more
Answered on 10/23/11, 5:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia