Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My husband and I are currently going through a separation and I have full physical and legal custody of my nephew. My husband is currently seeking to be added to the custody order I have in place for my nephew. He currently has a petition filed in court to amend my custody order of my nephew, to add him as a guardian too. I do not wish for him to have any type of shared custody or guardianship of my nephew. Is there anything I can do to stop him?

Asked on 12/09/13, 7:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, show up for the scheduled hearing on his pending petition and when your turn comes to speak, explain to the judge your persuasive

reasons as to why your husband's petition should be denied.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/13, 10:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia