Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Minor name change

My 14 yr old daughter wishes to change her name to my new married name (we are legal US residences) her natural father is in the UK what do I need from him to take to court in VA?

Asked on 4/01/05, 12:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Minor name change

You don't need anything from the father to start the process of name change for your minor child; just the packet of forms with instructions entitled "Name Change For a Minor" from the clerk's office of the civil division of the circuit court in the area which is convenient for your access.

Follow the instructions exactly as prescribed and you should have no problem in carrying out the name change for your daughter and without the assistance of an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/05, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia