Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Can I have the mother- to -be to sign a contract stating that i have no financial responbility for the kid she going to have in afew months? We agree to not have it and she change her mind & want to keep it and states i dont have to take care of the child. So, would the contract relieve me of responsibility?

Asked on 9/30/11, 4:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Of course, NOT, since the most important issue in this proposed "contract"

is the best interests of a child which has yet to be born and in which can in no way be equitably determined under such a contractual arrangement as described.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/11, 8:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia