Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Property Settlement

In the divorce agreement, finalized February 20th, 2007, between my

ex-husband and I, it is stated that a vehicle, 1998 VW Cabrio, will be

registered and titled in my name. I currently have possession of the car

but it is still in his name. The tags have expired and I can't re-register

it. He is currently in North Dakota and will be moving overseas shortly.

He refuses to contact the loan company, he refuses to re-register it under his name. What can i do in this situation?

Asked on 5/23/07, 12:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Property Settlement

Contact your lawyer to write him a letter stating that if he continues to refuse to sign over the title to the vehicle to you, the attorney will have no alternative but to have the court issue a Show Cause Rule (meaning summons for possible contempt)against him which could mean sanctions being imposed against him for his refusal to obey the order of the court.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/07, 8:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia