Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I have an question to ask about an Property and Settlement Agreement that was sign on June 26th,2013

My wife and I sign this agreement that for health Insurance: The wife agrees to maintain the minor child as beneficially of her present medical/hospitalization policy for so long as she may be entitled to said coverage and has a duty of child support. The parties agree to share equally the cost of any medical or dental expenses ( including orthodontia), and mental health service of the child not covered by said insurance.

If you can let me know about this because she is saying that I need to pay her half of an bill that was back in January 2013 that the doctors out in for 320.00 and she is asking for half of the amount. But I found out that the insurance company paid everything but 104.85 so I would like to know if I have to pay for this being that I was at the home at that time and we didn't sign the agreement until June 26th. Do I have to start from then or how does this work. The reason I am asking because there is another bill that was put in on June 19th for another son of mine and that is in the amount of 150.00 and what the insurance company didn't pay was 95.10 so do I have to pay for half of that service being that the agreement was don't put into the courts until the 26th of June.

Also I have another question about Custody: She was asking for sole legal custody and primary physical custody of their minor children. I made the change to say that joint legal custody and primary physical to the mother. I would like to see if I can get this change once I find an place to live and that way the kids can stay with me some time also because right now I am not paying for Child support and the way I was looking on line if the kids stay with me for amount of time that I can get support from her instead of me paying for child support she will have to pay me instead.

Please let me know on the question that I have ask,

Asked on 7/03/13, 7:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Without reviewing the PSA (Property Settlement Agreement), I couldn't offer

an opinion on any of these issues in the question.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia