Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I just recently divorced my husband after 10 years of marriage. When I received my divorce papers and a signed document requesting that my name be changed back to my maiden name. I have decided that I do not want my name changed. Is that document binding?

Asked on 10/15/13, 9:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, (if the divorce has been formally entered in the court) but can still

be reversed by filing your petition for a "Name Change for an Adult" with your local circuit court.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia