Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I was recently incarcerated and my childs father was taking care of the kids,cps got called on him and he failed a drug test so they placed the kids emergency custody with his aunt.... I had a safety agreement with cps back in may 2018 and recently got a letter from cps saying my case is closed. His aunt filed a petition and we go to a mediator nov 2nd... my question is why cant I get my kids if my case is closed and the complaints are against my childs father not very confused lost and upset I don't know what to do but I feel like the longer my kids are gone the worst the outcome will be....concerned mother please help

Asked on 10/25/18, 8:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

The answer to your question may lie

in this so-called "safety agreement" which you effected

some few months ago and which CPS considers to have

been violated. (Without reviewing this particular

agreement I couldn't say for sure.)

Read more
Answered on 10/26/18, 7:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia