Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My spouse and I have been separated 3 years. We have determined child support as well as visitation and have no property, debt, accounts, holdings of any sort between us. He has his own home and car and I have my own home and car. We are complete and separate financial entities. We have resolved all differences regarding finances and property and there is no alimony. Will we be required to submit a financial afadavit when we file for our divorce?

Asked on 4/19/13, 11:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Most unlikely (in my opinion) unless one or both parties to this divorce specifically request such information. (However, FYI, all that you and your spouse have supposedly agreed to needs to be memoralized in a written Property Settlement Agreement [PSA] and signed by the two of you which is then filed with the court as part of your divorce action.)

Read more
Answered on 4/20/13, 1:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia