Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Virginia

I work for a shipyard with the federal government, and retired in 2003, when I retired I was told my ex wife would get a percentage of my retirement check, based on what I was making at the time of our divorce in 1994, once I started receiving my check, I see that she is get as much as half of my check. and now no one seems to be able to help me get this corrected. what avenues to I take, or how do I get this corrected.

Asked on 5/04/11, 5:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Arrange for a consultation with an attorney who is appropriately experienced

in the domestic relations laws of the Commonwealth and in particular with

matters having to do with the distribution of marital property in divorce and the allocation from the payor spouse's federal retirement of any amounts determined to qualify as such property.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/11, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Virginia