Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

what is the difference between Small Claims Judgement and an Debtors Claim Judgment?

I have an agreement between myself and a buyer for a vehicle that the buyer has stopped paying for. He has destroyed the vehicle so that I cannot repo it. If I go to small claims court I will have to accept less then what is owed. However does that mean I will only have a peice of paper saying "Im owed" with no way to collect? What is another possible way for me to collect?

Asked on 5/22/13, 10:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Once you secure a judgment in small claims court against this allegedly defaulting buyer, you may be able to enforce it through

a garnishment of your judgment debtor's wages and/or bank account(s).

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 9:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia