Legal Question in Health Care Law in Virginia

Medicaid will not cover my c-section because the DR tied my tubes. Upon contacting his office and questioning them they immediately waved his fee. however I'm still left with the $16,000 hospital fee that I have no money to pay. And Icannot have anymore children!!! I live in a small town and local lawyers won't help due to conflict of interests? I'm not sure where to go from here?

Asked on 6/06/14, 6:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tara Candela Tara Candela, RN, MSN, JD

Is your contention that the doctor performed a tubal ligation in absence of a consent to do so? If so, you need to continue to search for an attorney who can review your case to determine whether a case against the physician is possible. It is OK to search for lawyers outside your local area as long as they practice in Virginia.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/14, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Virginia