Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

I want to request for change of visa (F2 to F1). I want to know if USCIS reject my request, should I leave USA or my F2 visa will be valid?

Asked on 2/07/17, 1:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If the I-539 is denied, as long as your spouse is still in valid F-1 status, then your F-2 status should remain in tact. Another option is to apply for the F-1 directly at the U.S. Embassy in your home country.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/17, 4:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia