Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

Can I stop my husbands sponsorship for his green card? We would be married 2 years this November.

Asked on 10/19/14, 1:26 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You need to inform the appropriate immigration authorities as to the

reason(s) why you now wish to withdraw your sponsorship of your husband

but it will be up to them to make the final decision.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/14, 3:03 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If your spouse has U.S. conditional residency already, then USCIS can still approve the I-751 even if he is no longer married to you.

If your spouse has not been approved for U.S. conditional residency yet, then you can contact USCIS to withdraw the I-130 petition.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/14, 12:12 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia