Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Virginia

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and, as a hobby, I like to whittle and carve wood. I began carving Harry Potter-like and showed them to friends online and they became a hit. I want to create a small business and makes personalized wands online, having a client or two once a week and have them tell me what they want their wand to look like and I can make it for them. My question is, how can I do this without copyright infringement of Harry Potter?

Asked on 7/27/11, 5:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can tell you the following. You need to get a license from whoever owns the intellectual property rights to Harry Potter. Otherwise you can (and will) get sued. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 7/28/11, 6:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Virginia