Legal Question in International Law in Virginia

Internationally Notary

I'm going to be in Australia for 5

months, and I run a business in the

United States. If I need to provide a

lawyer or my bank with documents

that were signed in the presence of

a notary, is there a notary system

in other countries (Australia) and

will this count?

If not, could I give a trusted family

member power of attorney, and

could they sign these documents

and get them notarized on my


To give a family member power of

attorney, are there any ready made

forms available online I could just

print, sign, and get notarized before

leaving the US?

Asked on 7/05/09, 11:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Internationally Notary

Yes, the special or limited power of attorney(POA) is likely the best way for you to go in this situation and you can likely find suitable POA

forms that can be purchased and downloaded from this website.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/09, 11:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in Virginia