Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Virginia

My 15 year old daugher has gotten into a fight with a nother child, the other child noise is broken, some bones in her face is broken, and lip is busted. My daughter said that she was scared because the other child was saying that "she has a knife", my daughter has problems where she "black out" and also has (PTSD) from a fight that happend less then 8 months ago and a fatal car accident by a drunk driver. Is there any kind of way I can show doctor reports and infomation, to the lawyer and judge, to explain this situation, or will my child be put away for somthing she can hardly handle?

My child takes medications, she does not bother anyone and will not hurt a fly. Please help me understand my child's position in this situation.

Asked on 1/31/10, 10:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Assuming that charges have been filed against your daughter in the local J&DR;Court, she should have an attorney representing her in this matter who

would be the appropriate person to "show doctor reports and information"

which you've referenced and which could be important in developing a defense for your daughter to whatever charge(s) that may have been filed against her.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/10, 12:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Virginia