Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

Landlord needs to replace meter base. I have half power and no hot water. Repairs won't be done for more than a week. Can they leave me with no hot water for that long?

Asked on 7/09/19, 1:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathon Moseley Jonathon A. Moseley

This is an old question, so it is probably too late for an answer.

But, no, you can file a complaint with the general district court demanding that repairs be made.

Or if the landlord won't act, you can have the repairs made yourself instead of paying rent. But file it in court so there is no question why you did not pay the rent

Read more
Answered on 7/24/19, 5:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia