Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

My roommate kicked me out and I want to leave my name is not on the lease I was still going to pay the rent and give my 30 notice to her untill she told me ti leave. Now I had to pay to stay where I an now but she is holding my stuff she does not want me there but wants me to pay how can I get my belongings

Asked on 8/07/13, 6:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Go to the clerk's office of the local general district court (civil division)

and tell them you want to file what's called a Warrant in Detinue against

this former roommate for the return of your personal property.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/13, 8:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia