Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Virginia

Though I'm not a lawyer, I have created and filed articles of incorporation several times for my own companies. My state corporation commission now has a fill-in-the-blank articles of incorporation form on its web site. If I complete this form for my friend's new corporation, obtain an employer identification number for him, and my friend pays me for my time, am I considered to have practiced law without a license?

Asked on 6/27/11, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

The SCC forms should have instructions which indicate whether or not only currently licensed attorneys should complete them on behalf of clients.

But, if such is not the case and the SCC itself cannot offer any guidance on the

issue, you might want to consider contacting the Virginia State Bar office

in Richmond for advice on the matter.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/11, 9:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia