Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Virginia

My present attorney failed to file a child support reduction last year after I lost my job. Now I owe over 6k in rears which is still accruing. I also was informed that it would be back dated, to the date she says she filed in aug 08 but she can not find the motion to ammend. I am being harassed by DCSE threatened to be placed in jail, lose my driver's license, etc. I lost my job 2 years ago and am working part time jobs and can not afford the amount DCSE wants me to pay which my attorney is more than aware of. I am also 7 months pregnant and the stress causes me to lose sleep, anxioty, etc. I am also responsible to pay attorney fees for my ex husband for a court date she failed to appear for. She reduced fees to me to cover it, but is charging me for paperwork that she is filing related to her missed court date. Do I have a malpractice case?

Asked on 12/01/09, 9:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

I doubt that on these few facts anyone could reliably say---one way or the other.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/09, 12:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia