Legal Question in Mediation in Virginia

Where do i amend a mediated agreement

My daughter's father and i have a court approved agreement (custody/visitation/child support)that was written during mediation. I plan to move within the next few months to a city more than 2 hours away. If i want to amend the present agreement, do i have to do that here or can i do it when i move to the new city? Also, if he presently covers her with his insurance and the new area does not have any doctors who present participate in the insurance plan, can the differnce be added to the present child support amount since he'll no longer be able to cover her? The new address will still be in the state of va.

Asked on 2/23/05, 10:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Comer Wayne E. Comer, Esquire

Re: Where do i amend a mediated agreement

I would not like to answer that question without knowing whether this "Agreement" was ever incorporated, merged or not merged with either a pendente lite or a final divorce decree.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/05, 5:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Virginia