Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Virginia

I volunteered to do an MRI arthrogram, which is an invasive procedure of my shoulder. I did not sign an invasive procedure document nor an allergy to Gadolinium contrast dye document, which are both required by law. Can I do anything about this to a Naval Hospital, I am retired and a civilian.

Asked on 4/29/10, 4:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

I would guess not, assuming that the so-called Feres Doctrine regarding the

federal government's right to claim soverign immunity in such matters, would likely also apply to your situation, but you might want to get another opinion

on the issue from an attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable regarding

veterans affairs and their treatment in VA hospitals. (This assumes that you are retired military.)

Read more
Answered on 5/05/10, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia