Legal Question in Personal Injury in Virginia


My son was badly injured by a guy. The guy is being charged with first degree murder, that's how bad the injury is. Can my son sue this guy for the hospital bills and pain and suffering which he is enduring?

Asked on 10/02/08, 4:00 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cary Moseley Law Office of Cary Powell Moseley, PLLC

Re: Injury

Yes, he can.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/08, 4:10 pm

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

Re: Injury

Yes. However, intentional torts are almost certainly uninsured, so he will only be able to collect what assets the defendant has. Contact counsel soon so that it might be possible to investigate whether there are other parties (employers, bar where he was drinking, etc.) that might be potentially liable and have deeper pockets. Also, speak with the prosecutor about the possibility of a restitution order, which will at least make him pay as a condition to any probation or conditional release from prison/jail.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/08, 5:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Virginia