Legal Question in Personal Injury in Virginia

I was involved in an accident where the other driver failed to yeild and she hit me. my 1 1/2 month old and 4 year old son were in the car with me. the air bag deployed and we were stuck in the smoke filled car for about 10 minutes and could not get out it took 2 people to bust the windows to get us all out. this was on march 19 2010 my car had over $11,000 worth of damage the other driver had a suspended liscence and no insurance. i got my car back in may and took it back 3 times already for electrical failure and i am still under medical care for my injuries. we went to court on june 24 2010 and the judge ordered her to pay $25.00 my car is still in the shop i tried to trade it an and the value dropped from $32,900 to $14,000 can i sue her or my insurance company or can i see if my insurance company will buy the car .....i don't know what to do

Asked on 6/25/10, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

You can sue the other driver, but without insurance it's unlikely you will actually recover anything. You also may have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy that should provide coverage for you and your car.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/10, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Virginia