Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

Divorced for thirty years still on Deed

I am trying to find out how to have my Mothers name removed from a deed to my late fathers property,they divorced thirty years ago,both ahve since re-married,my father divorced for a second time.His second wife never had her name on the deed to the property. His will left all of his belonging's to me and my sister his only two children. I mailed her Quit claim deeds she has refused to sighn them. My mother lives in Fla. she filed for divorce in Va.It says in dercree Va. cannot decide any property but it does make mention of Her not wanting to dwell in the property stating that could be used in further litigation. I am acting executor of my fathers estate,i am currently trying to obtain court transcripts from the divorce since she made it VERY well known that she wanted nothing from my father, money, child support or anything his name was on. I wish to conclude my Fathers estate,what are my next steps.

Asked on 1/20/03, 9:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Divorced for thirty years still on Deed

Your next step should be to arrange a consultation

with an attorney in the jurisdiction where the

property is located and who is knowledgeable in

matters of probate and real property law.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/03, 12:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia