Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I have a home in which I am co-owner. We have been in the home for over 1.5 yrs

It may be to my attention that going into partnership my not have been the best choice.

If, any options are available as to dissolve as in have the home as an asset and divide the property. We are not married

Asked on 9/25/09, 8:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Your options are likely limited to these in the situation described:

1. Negotiate a deal with the other co-owner in which one of you buys out the interest of the other in the property;

2. File a partition suit in the circuit court where the property is located and request that the court order a sale in lieu of partition. (This could be expensive and time consuming.)

Read more
Answered on 9/30/09, 11:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia