Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I inherited a house from my mother in Virginia Beach VA. Which is now in my name. My former step dad holds a mortgage and is not on the deed. How to I evict him?

Asked on 4/16/13, 2:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Although your former stepfather is not on the deed to this property,

if he's on the mortgage he may have a claim in equitable title to the property,

and therefore you'd be well advised to arrange for a consultation with

a local attorney who handles real property law and probate matters

for a consultation on this situation before you think about filing an unlawful detainer or other related action to evict him.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/13, 8:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia