Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I live in VA my father passed away, his home is now mine. I have someone that lived with my dad for years (no lease, no rent, paid nothing. how do I get this person to leave. I"m going to sell the house.

Asked on 10/04/18, 9:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Assuming this person was not bequeathed a life estate by your father and that legally you are

now the sole owner, you should be able to start eviction proceedings through the local

general district court after giving her written reasonable notiice to vacate this

property by a date certain.. (The clerk's office of this court will have the necessary

paperwork for you to fill out to start this process.)

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 10/05/18, 7:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia